These thermometers feature a colorless and odorless liquid (previously mercury, but a lot of other safer organic liquids or mineral spirits are in use commonly) that is sensitive to temperature change. Fluctuations in its bulb are registered quickly to give the reading instantly. For safety, these units are housed in protective casings made of plastic or metal.
Top 10 Liquid Thermometers of 2020
10. H-B DURAC Liquid-in-Glass Thermometer
This thermometer from H-B Durac has a safe, odorless mineral spirit filling which is dyed red for greater visibility. This device is made of glass with a white back. Accuracy will no longer be a concern while using this thermometer. Its easy-to-read scale has divisions marked in 1-degree intervals.
- Two style variants: Total immersion, partial immersion: 76mm
- Wide temperature range: -20 up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, lesser in some units
- Length: 305mm
- 0.6 ounce
- Easy to read
9. H-B DURAC Plus Pocket Liquid Thermometers
This compact thermometer would literally fit your pocket. The casing protects the thermometer from damage or disintegration. It clips on to your pocket or any fabric for storage. The organic liquid filling will cause no harm in case of spillage. The white glass housing aids in readability and gives more accurate results.
- Size and type variants: Closed Metal case, Closed Plastic Case, Blue organic liquid fill
- Temperature range: Lowest -35 degree, Highest 220 degrees Fahrenheit, lesser/more in some models
- Length: 6.3 inches
- 0.8 ounce
8. SEOH Thermometer Partial Immersion
This thermometer has a blue mineral spirit filling, which is safe, organic, and non-toxic. With a wide temperature range of -20 to 110 degrees Celsius, it is student-grade, lightweight, and portable. It gives readings in one-degree intervals and has a ring on top of the unit for safe suspension without breaking or falling.
- Length: 12 inches
- 0.8 ounces
7. hand2mind Low-Range Liquid Thermometers
Constructed specifically for indoor use, this thermometer is safe for use in school projects and by children. It has a wider body and dual temperature scale. The scale is highly visible and accurate. It doesn’t contain mercury and thus, causes no health hazards. Each pack contains 6 thermometers made of safe and durable glass.
- Temperature Range: -40°F to 140°F and -40°C to 60°C
- 2.4 ounce
- Buying option: 1-pack, 2-pack, 3-pack
- Length: 6.75 inches
- Wide range ideal for school experiments
6. SeeZQ Freezer Thermometer
These thermometers are built to sustain in freezers and refrigerators. The material of construction is stainless steel and plastic-safe for use and very durable. As well as being affordable, these are also non-toxic and pose no health hazard. They are very easy to install.
- Temperature range: -40°to 80°F or -40°to 27°C
- 7.4 ounces
- Widebody for greater readability
5. H-B (B60400-0800) Liquid Thermometers
This environmentally friendly thermometer has a wider ranger and is ASTM-certified. It is a partial-immersion model. The unit is especially appropriate for use in laboratories where mercury poses health risks and accuracy and standardization are desirable.
- Length: 287mm; Immersion length: 57mm
- 6.4 oz.
- For lab use only; not used in humans
- Blue organic liquid filling; white glass back
4. Geratherm Oral Glass Liquid Thermometers
Non-toxic, safe, this environmentally-friendly thermometer is made of organic in-fill. There is no mercury for safety. This lightweight and compact instrument come with an attractive casing with a green cap. The liquid used is Galistan, predominantly Gallium.
- Greater accuracy
- 0.8 ounce
3. CDN TCH130 Glass Liquid Thermometers
Housed in a protective, brightly-colored casing, you will not be losing or breaking this thermometer. It is specially designed for tempering chocolate or candies. Tempering chocolate requires great precision and accuracy. Its non-mercury, non-toxic liquid in-fill gives you a safe temperature measurement and greater accuracy.
- Temperature Measurement Range: 40 to 130 Degree F
- 5-year limited warranty
- High visibility scale
- 2.24 ounce
- Food-grade; safe
2. LaMotte 1066 Liquid Thermometers
If you’re looking for a mercury thermometer with precise graduation, then look no further- this has 0.5-degree intervals and graduations. The plastic casing helps protect against damage and falls. It is good for school projects or experiments.
- Temperature Range: -5 to +45 degrees C
- Portable, lightweight
- 0.8 ounce
- Engraved scale; white casing for greater readability; the window for viewing
- Greater precision
1. Thermco Liquid Thermometers
This total immersion thermometer is filled with safe, organic blue liquid against a white back for easy viewing of temperature changes. It is good for laboratory use and it is packaged in plastic tubes for safety and protection and has vertical numbers and permanent markings that don’t fade with time.
- Temperature Range: -10 to 200°C
- Options: With and without coating
- Biodegradable- causes no harmful by-products; No mercury for health hazard
- Length: 406mm
- 1.76 ounce
A liquid-in-glass thermometer is a vital component of all First-Aid kits or medicine cabinets at homes or offices. It is an inexpensive, yet accurate method of monitoring the temperature of the body. To help you choose a trusted thermometer, our comprehensive list identifies and enlists some of the best thermometers in the market. Factors like efficiency, responsiveness, accuracy, safety, durability, size, range, liquid filling, etc. have shaped our decision.
Read more about: What New About Remote Thermostat in 2020?