Every kitchen has a wide array of utensils to cook your favorite foods in – pots, pans, kettles, or Dutch ovens that are made from materials like metal, plastic, ceramic, or glass. But we all know how hot these objects can get. Without proper precautions and protective equipment, you stand at a higher risk of burning your fingers or spilling hot liquid on your arms – ending up with blisters, rashes, or burns.
That is why pot-holders are an essential companion in the kitchen that can protect you while cooking. We have compiled this list to help you choose the one that is best for you.
Top 10 Pot-holders in 2020
10. Smithcraft Silicone Pot-holder
The materials used may not be the best and it may be difficult to use for newcomers. However, these are a wonderful offering for the price that gets the job done. It is flexible, lightweight, and able to withstand a good amount of heat.
The pot-holders come with large ridges on their surface for increased grip. The material feels soft to the touch and is resistant to some stains and odor.
- 100% BPA free.
- Can be used as a mat with its 9″ X12″ length.
- Washable by hand or dishwashing.
9. Lodge ASAHH31 Assist Handle Holder
These are a little different from the rest of the products on this list. They won’t protect your skin by covering them but are rather designed to latch on to the assists of skillets and dutch ovens so you can hold and carry them safely. They are small, colorful, and convenient.
The holders come in a range of colors and looks quite stylish. The silicone used feels durable and can withstand a lot of heat. It can also be comfortable stored due to its flexibility and low footprint.
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 450° F
- Comfortable and firm grip.
- Shaped to fit most kitchen utensil lodges.
8. OXO Good Grips Pot-holder
The first pot-holders on this list that you can wear on your hands. This is a convenient pot-holder that is easy to put on and take off. It provides ample protection from heat, steam, and stain and provides good comfort when used.
The material is quite resistant to stains thanks to the quality silicone exterior layer. The interior feels comfortable and breathable and the overall design is dexterous enough to hold most pans and pots.
- Can be used as a trivet.
- Comfy inner lining made out of soft fabric.
- Back pocket to easily put on and take off the holders.
7. Evoio Hot Handle Holder
If you are looking for a softer and more textured alternative to the Lodge Holders, then this is the product for you. It fits into most handles and lodges while sporting a comfortable soft fabric exterior.
The cotton used is of a high quality which shows in its heat resistance, grip, and comfort. However, they may get worn out with repeated heavy use.
- Made with 100% cotton.
- Usable when cooking, baking, and for BBQ.
- Comes in a handy selection of colors and patterns.
6. Ritz Royale Pot-holder
These holders double as mitts and mats without sacrificing quality. They provide better protection than comparable products, feature different colors, and have a one-size-fits-all approach.
Premium materials such as terry cloth and 100% high-grade cotton elevates this product. The holders feel plush and secure in the hand with a much softer feel than plain fabric.
- Can be machine washed with cold water.
- Standard size measuring 8.5” x 8.25”.
- Unique cotton design with looped terry clothing.
5. Lifaith Oven Mitt and Pot-holder Set
For a competitive price, you are getting two pot-holders and an oven mitt with this set. The set also provides professional-grade materials and designs to ensure optimal comfort and protection no matter what you hold in the kitchen.
The sets come in a range of bright colors to spice up your kitchen. The holder provides excellent protection and pliability while retaining comfort.
- Made with 100% Terry Cotton.
- Quilting provides flexibility.
- Circular loops to hang them in the kitchen.
4. AmazonBasics Hot Handle Holder
These holders are great for when you want to hold the handle of your skillet or pan while cooking or carrying. It slots right into most handles and keeps your hands safe even when you jerk the pan around.
While they are not safe for oven use and may get damaged when exposed to prolonged heat, they are firm and resistant enough for most applications. They are lightweight, available in a rainbow of colors, and offer plenty of grip owing to its ridged texture.
- Available in different sizes for different handles.
- Easy to slip on and take out.
- Protects up to 475° F.
3. Big Red House Pot-holders
This offering is larger and comes with more padding than your average pot-holders. But despite the bulk, it provides the perfect balance between flexibility and protection.
The holders feature a sleek matte black color with a striped silicone exterior for more grip. The interior is quite comfortable with a high-quality terrycloth lining and recycled cotton infill.
- Measures about 10 inches in length and 6 ¾ inches in width.
- Insulated inner pocket for your hands.
- Can also be used as a large trivet.
2. Kitchen Pot-holders Set
Spice up your kitchen with these beautiful pot-holders with serious artistic flair. Punctuated with handwoven cotton and designed by talented artists for a fresh new look, these holders will keep your hot utensils in place and protect your hands in stunning style.
The craftsmanship on display is excellent as the thick woven mats are great at keeping heat out and ambidextrous enough to be used as comfortable holders.
- Made with 100% woven cotton threads.
- Comes in a set of three, each mat being 7 inches in diameter.
- Unique handmade designs on each set.
1. DII Oven Set
The best pot-holders on the market right now come in a range of different sizes; all with high-quality design and materials to ensure the most snug fit and protection. If you want the best of convenience, function, and premium materials, then look no further.
These pot-holders make good use of high quality terrycloth and imported designs to offer fresh new looks and functionality over the competition. They feel exceptionally soft for comfort and flexibility, come with ample padding for protection, and are machine-washable.
- Heat resistance up to 400 Degrees.
- Easy to store and access with hanging loops.
- Silver-stone lining on one side for greater protection.
- Wide variety of colors to coordinate with your kitchen aesthetic.
It may be difficult to figure out the best pot-holders and you may find yourself scouring through the market and relying on trial and error. With this list, your next shopping decisions will be easier. You won’t have to deal with burned hands and spilled food anymore.
You may also interested to check