Most of us have grown up eating toast and traditional English breakfast in the morning. A small toaster oven is sketched in our memory from the years of sitting at the dining table with our family. This simple device is so close to our heart for its quality of reminding many of us about our childhood. Apart from the nostalgia it offers, the small toaster ovens are available equipment as well. It will help you tackle the morning rush hour where you’re running late for work or school. The device works quickly and saves time. you may also like to see Two Burner Induction Cooktops.
Top 20 Small Toaster Ovens In 2021
20. Breville BOV650XL Compact Smart Oven
This is the best 4 slice toaster oven. This is slightly expensive but you’ll be paying for quality as this is one of the best rated toaster oven in amazon. It is of a silver color and made out of stainless steel and weighs at about 14.6 pounds. It has the dimensions of 15 x 17 x 10 inches.
It has a smart Element IQ system and includes 8 cooking functions. This also offer a black lit easy read LCD and a nonstick cavity coasting for easy cleaning.
19. CUISINART Chef’s Convection Toaster Ovens
This would be the best option for the bakers. It is also very good for broiling and is made out of stainless steel and has the same color. It has the dimensions of 20.87 x 16.93 x 11.42 inches and weighs at 32.4 pounds.
This toaster offers 15 different functions for cooking and it has dual cooking speed convection. It offers digital control with LED buttons.
18. Panasonic Toaster Oven FlashXpress
This is the best option for people who have limited counter space and it is very and easy to control too. This small package is offered in 3 colors black, white and silver. This tiny toaster open has the dimensions of 12 x 13 x 10.25 inches and weighs at only 7.5 pounds.
This product has double Infrared Heating High Efficiency Quartz and Ceramic Infrared Heating Elements. It is easy to use and clean and is also very fast at heaving and super durable.
17. Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven
This compact cute toaster oven is both simple to use and affordable and this would be the best budget pick for anybody. This silver stainless steel oven has the dimensions of 16.75 x 10.76 x 19.76 inches and has the wattage of 1400 watts.
It occupies extremely less space and it saves a lot of power and can bake and toast evenly. It can bake roast broil and toast and has a timer bell that lets you know when the food id ready. It is also easy to clean.
16. CUISINART Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven
It is a multipurpose oven that can do it all. This heats quickly while the exterior remains cool. This silver oven is made out of steel and has the dimensions of 17 x 21.73 x 15.75 inches and weighs about 20.3 pounds.
It includes 13 different cooking functions including five different air fry settings and 2 different modes convections and frozen.
15. Smart Toaster Oven Air BREVILLE
This is quite a large oven that can feed a crowd. It is loaded with presets too. It can fit 9 slices of bread and it is made out of brushed stainless steel and has the dimensions of 18.5 x 26 x 17 inches and weighs about 38.9 pounds.
It has Air Fry & Dehydrate Presets and is occupied with Element IQ 6 Independent quartz heating elements for precise cooking.
14. Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven NINJA
It is the best pick for you if you lack counter space. You can flip it up and store it against your backsplash. This stainless steel oven has the weight of 15.72 pounds.
This toaster oven is easy to use and clean and comes with a lot of cooking options.
13. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven
This is a digital convection oven which has a large capacity and a wide range of presets. This is slightly on the pricier side but definitely worth it. It is silver in color and weight at only 1 pound. It has the dimensions of 15.7 L x 18.5 W x 11 H inches.
It is easy to cool and clean. Has the capacity to hold 6 slices of bread a 13 inch pizza. It has an Element IQ heating system a black lit LCD for easy reads.
12. Oster Toaster Oven
This is an affordable, energy-saving toaster oven perfect for dorm rooms and small kitchens. You will be able to make a nice toast in less than 30 minutes with this oven. The oven is designed for broiling, toast, and bake. You will be able to fit most dishes into it.
- Attractive vintage design and quick toasting capabilities
- The great affordable oven you can have in your home
11. Better Chef Small Toaster Oven
Simple, compact, and convenient. These are the three words to describe this highly affordable toaster oven. This one can also bake, toast, and broil. It’s a handy device for all the busy moms and students out there. You will be able to toast a maximum of 4 slices in this oven at once.
- The oven has only 2 dials
- The most uncomplicated machine in any kitchen
- Easy to clean and store
10. Hamilton Beach Small Toaster Oven
This is an oven and toaster combination. You will be able to bake and toast your bread at the same time in this machine. It has a compact design that is suitable for toasting most bread. The oven is compatible with thick bagels as well.
- A 2-in-1 oven featuring both toaster and an oven
- Space-saving and highly convenient to use
9. Breville Smart Small Toaster Oven
This is a top-rated oven from a reputed brand. The machine can do all the things the prior mentioned products can and more. It’s a countertop oven. You will be able to broil, bake, toast, and roast in this toaster. The exterior of this oven tends to get hot, though, so make sure to keep some oven mitts on hand.
- A digital screen and displays a user interface
- Quick, easy, and convenient toaster to have
8. Cuisinart Oven Broiler
This is the tiniest small toaster oven in our list. It is only 8 inches high and can be stored anywhere, like a water bottle. The oven is compact but doesn’t disappoint with its performance. It’s great for toasting and broiling. You will be able to reach 150°F to 450°F with this machine.
- Easy to clean
- Aesthetically pleasant
- Very small
- These features of the oven make it unique
7. Easy Reach Oven from Hamilton Beach
This colorful small toaster oven is perfect for people who love a little design in their kitchen appliances. It comes with a rack and can be used for broiling, toasting, and baking. The racks are leveled in two heights, which give users more control over their cooking. It also has 2 dials for controlling the temp.
- Great energy saver, the oven turns off after 30 minutes
- Very efficient for toasting bread
6. Breville Smart Small Toaster Oven
This is a narrow oven with only 14.5 inches width. You can use it if you have a tiny kitchen. As with any Breville product, this one is designed to be highly convenient for users. It comes with the capacity to work for 10 hours straight.
- The oven can be used for slow cooking
- An interior light along with a digital screen
- Four dials to control cooking options
5. CalmDo Air Fryer Toaster
A more or less all-round cooking and baking buddy, this features an impressive 21 preset cooking functions with Microwave, Air fryer, Convection oven, Dehydrator, Toaster, and Frying pan being a few. The stainless steel construction and low-noise fan make it ideal for home kitchens. It comes with five different accessories for every need. The capacity is also impressive – 26.3 QT.
- Auto pause function of door.
- Sous-vide option.
- Goes into standby mode when hasn’t been used for 10 minutes after power on.
- Included oven mitts.
4. Black & Decker Small Toaster Oven
Made of stainless steel and with a durable body, this oven is excellent for long term use. The oven has a stainless steel front and a black body. Its cooking time is 30 minutes, and the highest temperature is 450°F. The stove can toast four slices of bread at once.
- A removable tray
- Three different dials for controlling
3. BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
This extra-wide oven is good for fitting in larger meal portions. You could easily place a medium-sized pan, a 12’’pizzas, and up to eight slices of bread. There are four different functions to give much cooking flexibility – toast, broil, bake, and keep warm. It has a 60-minute timer, so that’s a great feature for a toaster oven. The solid convection fan makes for even and efficient baking.
- Handy dedicated timer for predictable shade selection.
- Features removable crumb tray.
- Added broiler pan.
2. OMMO Air Fryer Oven
The OMMO Air fryer oven features a 360 degrees rotating system and state-of-the-art rapid air technology to fry meals effectively without excessive oils or fats. You could bake, fry, broil, and dehydrate your foods easily. It has eight in-built presets that enable you to make a lot of recipes.
- LED display that shows the necessary values like time and temperature.
- Light control helps in checking up on the progress of the food.
- Heat-resistant housing, non-slip feet, and overheating protection.
1. NUWAVE BRIO Air Fryer Oven
A unique flavor-infusion technology allows you to make your entire air-fry favorite conveniently. It’ll come with an integrated digital temperature probe for perfect measurement of heat every time. You can perform a number of types of cooks on this one – broil, sear, bake, roast, grill, reheat, dehydrate, and of course, air-fry. Includes grill plate, mesh racks, drip tray, rotisserie kit, popcorn maker, and much more.
- Smaller capacity – 14 QT.
- Stainless Steel drip tray and steel racks are easy to clean.
- 100 pre-programmed presets.
We recommend you to come up with a budget, a list of things you mostly cook, and the ideas you will use your oven for. This will help you narrow down the list and easily pick one.
You may also interested in: Best Convection Ovens in 2020
Different Between Toaster Oven and Microwave
Most people wouldn’t be able to differentiate between a toaster oven and a microwave oven correctly. They’re both important for cooking convenience, which is why many people opt to have one of both options. Days where toaster ovens were only considered good for making delicious grilled sandwiches and cheese toast, because toaster ovens can do so much more.
- Operation: Toaster ovens use radiant heat. The interior is heated by inner heating elements. Food starts cooking from outside in. Microwave ovens function on microwaves just like the name suggests.
- Heating Time: This depends on what you’re heating. Microwaves are more effective in heating some foods quicker, but it can also toughen them up quicker. The heat distribution of a toaster oven on meats might take longer, but this allows for an even and slower distribution of heat.
- Browning: Toaster ovens can brown foods, while microwaves can’t. Toaster ovens feature a broiler option that works similar to an oven broiler. If the toaster oven is good, the work gets done really fast.
- Meal Size: If you or your family consumes large portions of food on a daily basis, then a microwave is the better option – the larger, the better. But if you’re not going to be cooking multiple big meals every other day, then meal size shouldn’t be the deciding factor. Some high-quality toaster ovens can easily accommodate an entire chicken or a family-sized pizza.
- Countertop Convenience: Toaster ovens are lighter, much more user-friendly. Microwaves do require a fair share of headroom and will sit heavier on the counter.
- Crispiness in Food: Toaster ovens are the winning side in this case. The broiling option makes for perfectly crispy, caramelized foods every time. This broiling function hasn’t been perfected in microwave ovens yet.
- Energy Efficiency: The microwave oven is slightly more energy efficient than the toaster oven. However, the latter has a lesser footprint. They’re both more energy-conserving than a convection oven.
How to Preheat Food
Some recipes require you to preheat your oven for adequate accumulated temperature. Depending on the type of food you’re cooking, preheating can be a complex process. Knowing when and if your toaster oven has preheated properly is the most challenging. Let’s take a look at some of the indicators of whether or not your oven is ready to receive food.
- Check the Time: Modern ovens come equipped with a specific setting that informs you when it has been preheated. Even if there’s no indicator, know that most ovens take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to preheat. Most of the ovens preheat to about 350 degrees after 15 minutes, but you can give it an additional five for it to reach 450.
- Observe Visual Clues: There are visual indicators in most ovens to tell you when they’re completely preheated. Some come with display screen that show the process, some have LCD screens that flash symbols during preheating, and others may have light signals.
- Oven Thermometers: There are specialized thermometers built for ovens that can resist high temperatures. You can hang it on the racks or pick a freestanding thermometer. Keep the thermometer close to oven’s glass door for a more accurate reading. That because opening the oven door lets the heat out, changing the temperature.Observe the thermometer and relate it to the other indicators to make sure your toaster oven is properly preheated.